Watches have unfortunately taken a turn for the worst in our opinion, with the newcoming of digital fancy smart watches.
An original timepiece says a lot about a man, it tells a tale of his choice, his timekeeping, the tradition of the moving components to keep him on track with his schedule.
The wristwatch has been such an important part of history:
Buzz Aldrin wore one in the Apollo 11, MLK wore one when he spoke with President Johnson, and countless US presidents have worn them during their inaugurations.
…And here’s the thing:
Today’s great men, like Bill Gates, Bono, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, and Pope Francis, all still wear watches.
Now… they all have smartphones, so why do they wear a wristwatch?
Wearing a watch is one of the most important things that a man can do for himself… and below, I’m going to show you 10 powerful reasons why.
10. Watches Dramatically Improve Your Style And Instantly Make You Look Put Together
9. It’s The Easiest, And Best Accessory For Men To Wear
8. A Watch Is An Investment… That’s Incredibly Versatile
7. Wearing (And Using) A Watch Gives You The James Bond Effect
6. Using It To Check The Time Stops You From Getting “Stuck” On Your Phone
5. Wearing A Good Watch Means You’ve Reached Adulthood
4. It’s 1000x Better Than A Smartwatch
3. No Matter How Far Technology Comes… Watch Mechanics Will Always Be Incredibly Cool
2. Wearing A Watch Connects You To History’s Great Men
1. It Reminds You To Keep Your Priorities In Order
The invention of the smartphone doesn’t mean that men should stop wearing wristwatches. Wearing a watch is a man’s connection to the past, his connection to time, and a hallmark of his style and who he is.
Great men have worn watches for hundreds of years… and will continue to wear watches for hundreds more.
Sourced Image: Painted